Key Nutritional Messages
Let’s learn some key messages to improve the quality and standard of living-
- KAP (Knowledge, Attitude, and Practice)–Transition is difficult, time-consuming but possible.
- Food, Health, and Care are three essential components to achieve and maintain nutritional status. Inadequate or missing any or more components may make you nutritionally vulnerable.
- Adequate dietary fiber, plenty of fluids, and physical activity may prevent your constipation. Make the best utilization of existing and available resources to you.
- For a normal person, it is wise to consume sugar sparingly (as much as needed, required, or recommended) than avoiding or limiting its consumption.
- For a normal person, a diversified and balanced diet having preferred foods is more effective and sustainable in weight management in the long term than a diet chart.
- Do not avoid all types of foods that may cause food allergies. It is better to avoid specific food(s) which is responsible for your food allergy.
- Cheap, and specific nutritional services (which may be delivered by a less educated person) should be widely available and accessible to general, or mass people. These would be more effective than limited, costly, and specialized nutritional services (by highly educated persons).