- Nutrient loss through wasted foods and the potentiality of wasted foods to combat the food insecurity in Bangladesh through their alternative usages. Funded by UGC (University Grants Commission), Bangladesh in the year 2008-09.
- Hygiene and sanitation practices of street waste collectors and their exposure to microbial and chemical hazards. Funded by UGC (University Grants Commission), Bangladesh in the year 2008-09.
- Principal Investigator (PI): “Survey on Ayurvedic Medical Service delivery throughout the country” 2008-09, March-May,2009, An activity of Alternative Medical Care (AMC) Under Health, Nutrition, and Population Sector Program (HNPSP) Office of the Director, Homeopathic & Traditional Medicine, DGHS (Director General of Health Services), Mohakhali, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh.
M.S. Students supervised (Thesis):
1 Sanjoy Saha, M.S. Academic session: 2007-08, School Environment and Nutritional Status of Children (7-12 years) coming from affluent families in Dhaka city in Bangladesh, Thesis submitted in January 2010, (Postdoctoral Fellow at Pennington Biomedical Research Center, linkedin.com/in/sanjoy-Saha-8a812240)
2. M A Rifat, M.S. Academic Session 2010-11, Socioeconomic status, hygiene and sanitation practices and microbial exposure of the waste collectors in Dhaka City, Submitted in 2013, master’s Student at Karolinska Institute, linkedin.com/in/m-a-rifat-07166722a.
3. Asit Biswas, M.S. Academic Session 2010-11, Nutritional Status, Dietary Intake Pattern and Exposure to Health Hazards of the Waste Collectors in Dhaka City, submitted in 2013, Head Teacher, 36th BCS, Kushabaria Govt Primary School.
4. Mohsin Hossain, M.S. Academic session:2011-12, Nutrient loss through wasted foods and alternative uses of wasted foods at commercial setting in Dhaka city in Bangladesh, submitted in 2014, Head of Department, Health & Nutrition at Social Assistance and Rehabilitation for the Physically Vulnerable (SARPV), linkedin.com/in/mohsin-hossain-997586137.
5. Shuvadip Sen Mithun, M.S. Academic session: 2011-12, Nutrient loss through wasted foods and alternative uses of wasted foods at non-commercial setting in Dhaka city in Bangladesh, submitted in 2014
6. Joynab Sultana Ushma, M.S. Academic session 2019-20, Understanding challenges, coping strategies and opportunities of employed and unemployed mothers of school-going children at selected schools and working places in Dhaka city of Bangladesh, Thesis submitted in May 2022.
7. Nyma Nahid, M.S. Academic session:2020-21, Food Habits, Dietary Coping Strategies and Nutritional Status of Women Police in Dhaka City of Bangladesh, Thesis submitted in May 2023.
8. Tamanna Akter Rintu, M.S. Academic session:2020-21, Understanding Challenges, Coping Strategies and Opportunities of Women Police in Dhaka City of Bangladesh, Thesis submitted in May 2023.